[texbirds] Purple Finch in Willis, Texas

  • From: "Patti Edens" <paedens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 10:53:11 -0600

I saw what has been identified (by 2 more experienced birders than I) as a
female Purple Finch in Willis, Texas - about 80 miles north of Houston. Also
heard that a purple finch might have been seen at a feeder in The Woodlands.

So, I just wanted to alert all to double check those finch sightings in this
area and watch your feeders. It might be one of those years where we see
them.

The female finch I saw was on private property in a Southern Waxmyrtle tree
- possibly eating the little berries in the tree.

Regards,

Patti Edens

Willis, Texas