[texbirds] Possible adult Thayer's Gull at Thompson Bait Camp, Harris County

  • From: Janet Rathjen <j.rathjen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 21:52:09 -0800

This afternoon, between rain showers, I visited Thompson Bait Camp in Baytown
in Harris County.  I photographed what I think is an adult Thayer's Gull.  I
have posted photos on my pBase account at:
http://www.pbase.com/jan/inbox

It appears to be short legged and has a dark eye and the underside of the
primaries appear gray rather than black.

It was there when I arrived and left within 15 minutes of my photographing it.

Janet Rathjen
Houston, TX