[texbirds] Possible Broad-tailed Hummer (Austin)

  • From: "Sanchez, Isaac C" <sanchez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 23:40:33 +0000

This bird has been visiting our backyard  feeders for the last 3 days. When I
first saw it, I said to myself, FOS Rufous Hummingbird.  However, it didn't
look right and so I took some photos today, which can be found at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/isaaccsanchez/sets/72157632379354942/detail/

I'm thinking now that this is an immature female BTAH.

I'd be interested in what others think about this tentative ID.

Isaac Sanchez
Austin