[texbirds] Port O'Connor Tropical KB No.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:38:33 -0500

 3.5 hr.s looking and listening for Mr. TK.... no luck in fact it was slow
in town.  A light NE breeze came in last night and most passerine migrants
took advantage of  and so did most of the hummingbirds except for the
"resident" Rufous here and there..

Best of the bunch in  my one square mile patch.

Blue-winged Teal 14 heading south
Black-crowned Night-Herons  2 (migrants?)
Great-horned Owl 1
Same funky woodpecker I think is an HY Golden-fronted
Common Ground-Doves  2  These are surprisingly hard to find in town.
Rufous Hummingbirds 3-4
Eastern Kingbirds 2
Couch's Kingbird 1
Empids, mostly Willows 4
E. Wood Pewee 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 1 (heard only)
a very small handful of warblers, nothing unexpected tho.
Orchard Orioles  20+  the one exception on this slower day
All three Grackles.

Will try again later, hed planned to go to magic Ridge this morning but TK
man showed up yesterday.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist