[texbirds] Port Aransas 6-22-15

  • From: Iris Bratz <ibratz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 18:39:21 -0500

I birded several spots in Port Aransas and counted 63 species this morning
which I thought was pretty good for this time of the year. Highlights for me
were 11 shorebird species including 19 Marbled Godwits in two flocks at
Charlie's Pasture #1. 3 Snowy Plovers and 6 Wilson's Plovers were also there.

A Brown-Crested Flycatcher was at Paradise Pond; a Northern Pintail female and
a Canvasback female were at the Birding Center. 6 Magnificent Frigatebirds -
one at Wetlands Park and 5 flying over Ferry Channel near Piper Channel; a
Least Bittern was at Birding Center; 3 Painted Buntings at Charlie's and 6
Common Terns (3 at South Jetty and 3 at Piper Channel/Ferry Channel
"intersection")

Sonny Bratz, Victoria

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at