[texbirds] Pool Party with Uninvited Guest 11/21/12

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: janhanson2@xxxxxxx, gayyork@xxxxxxxxxxxx, galornsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, samahurin@xxxxxxxxxxx, sdbuckel@xxxxxxx, greenh2o@xxxxxxxxx, cdmoore3@xxxxxxxxx, ackandler@xxxxxxxxxxx, bloodsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx, b_comisky@xxxxxxxxx, ray.porter314@xxxxxxxxx, tzinneman@xxxxxxxxxxx, DReedster@xxxxxxx, wehamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hamilton.barb@xxxxxxxxx, brendawson@xxxxxxx, chickadeejt@xxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jr_ridgway@xxxxxxxxx, aaodonel@xxxxxxxx, salliesherman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sarah.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tracey.Prothro@xxxxxxxxxxx, Christina.butcher@xxxxxxxxxxx, MaryAlice.Trumble@xxxxxxxxxxx, Janell.Sellers@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 20:00:03 -0500 (EST)

About 3:40 this afternoon I happened to walk into the kitchen and glance
out the front window towards one of our bird baths. There was water flying
everywhere and there were House Sparrows, 4-5 Eastern Bluebirds, a couple of
American Goldfinches, a Red-bellied Woodpecker and a Yellow-rumped Warbler
all  taking a bath together and I think I may have seen a Pine Siskin as
well. All of  a sudden birds just exploded out of the bath and there was a
brown blur headed  right at the window I was looking out of. It was an
Uninvited
Coopers Hawk that  dove straight for all the little birds that dove into
the vines on the front of  the house. I stepped outside to try and get it's
picture but it was leaving  without any lunch just as I stepped out.

_http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBN
QB#!i=2229881693&k=gCxW27n_
(http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=2229881693&k=gCxW27n)

David Hanson