[texbirds] Re: Pictures from Quickie West Texas Trip On Line (incl Western Bluebird @ Kerr)

  • From: George Baker <gn_baker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx" <MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

Mary Beth,

Thanks for sharing your photo of the Western Bluebird in Kerr County.  I wanted
to add that Western Bluebirds have been fairly regular winter visitors at our
ranch in northern Kimble County where we have recorded them in 9 of the 13
winters that we have owned the property, including each of the last 6 winters.
Records range from November 1 to March 11, with groups of 3 to 15 birds.  So it
may be that these guys have become more common in this area, at least in the
last 10ish years or so; we are heading out to the ranch this weekend and I will
certainly be keeping my eyes and ears open hoping to have Western Bluebirds for
our 7th winter in a row!

Thanks,
Noreen Baker
Austin, Tx