[texbirds] Partial Access at Bentsen State Park Thursday, 5/30

  • From: "Melissa Chadwick" <Melissa.Chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 16:58:14 -0500

Good afternoon Texbirders,

Bentsen RGV State Park will be partially closed tomorrow, May 30th.  We
are getting our roads repaired by TxDOT.  We should have everything
accessible again by Friday but please feel free to call ahead at
956-584-9156 to make sure.  The park will be open from the headquarters
into Ebony Grove up to the Green Jay Blind only.  The Acacia Loop will
be closed as well.

Still plenty of birds to see around headquarters and in the areas
accessible tomorrow.  Clay-colored Thrush, Altamira Orioles, Great
Kiskadees, Olive Sparrows and White-eyed Vireos among many others have
been present around the Headquarters.  Green Kingfishers, the Northern
Beardless-Tyrannulet, and plenty of Green Jays have been reported along
Green Jay Trail and the Resaca La Parida Banco.

Happy Birding!

Thank you,

Melissa Chadwick

Park Naturalist/Volunteer Coordinator

World Birding Center

Bentsen Rio Grande Valley State Park

2800 South Bentsen Palm Drive

Mission, TX 78572

melissa.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:melissa.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Telephone (956) 584-9156 Ext 228

Fax (956) 584-9126

Sundays
Bird Walk 8:30a - 10:30a
Wednesdays

Bird Walk 8:30a - 10:30a

Nature Tour 2-4p *pre-registration required

Thursdays

Dragonfly Walk 1-3p

Butterfly Walk 3-4p

Saturdays
Creatures of the Night 7-9p *pre-registration required

"Use the talents you posses; for the woods would be very silent if no
birds sang except the best."

Henry Van Dyke

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks <http://bit.ly/sVdilb>