[texbirds] Painted Bunting (male) on Village Creek CBC - Arlington

  • From: Ted Drozdowski <muddykayak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:37:28 -0600

Hi Texbirders,
     Yesterday on the Village Creek Drying Beds CBC, I found a male Painted
Bunting at the end of River Legacy Parks East, about 150 yards west
of where the trail ends at mile marker 7.  While this bird is certainly not
rare in the spring and summer, its appearance yesterday with snow on the
ground and a temperature below freezing made for an interesting sighting.
I cannot post the directions now due to a lack of time, however, if anybody
wants explicit directions I can provide them.  With that being said, it is
a 4.3 mile walk (or bicycle ride) one way to get to the location.  Please
contact me if you want directions. After 14 miles on foot yesterday, I
don't think I'll get out that way again.
     Ted Drozdowski
     Midlothian, Ellis County