[texbirds] PLEASE stop requoting!

  • From: Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 07:11:05 -0500

TexBirders,

We're getting into the peak of Fall migration and I eagerly look through the
DIGEST for tidbits, but the requoting is getting out of hand AGAIN!  This
mornings Digest is about 1-1/2 miles long; the miscellaneous comments and
replies on Hooded Warbler singing ran up to 9 layers deep of requoting.  Just
scrolling rapidly down through the Digest took upwards of 15 minutes when it
should've taken me about 60 seconds.  I'm not going to name names but there are
some infamous requoters on this List.

PLEASE, please take the split second it takes you--as a replier to a post--to
either set your emails to NOT REQUOTE or, if you'd rather keep that as your
default, take a moment to select and cut out all the previous thread.  Your few
seconds of effort saves those of us who read the Digest precious time here in
the migration season.

Chuck Sexton
Ranting in AustinEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at