[texbirds] PEARLAND: IMMATURE MALE COOPER'S HAWK IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD.

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 23:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

For the past several days, I have been seeing an immature male cooper's Hawk
chasing the Mourning Doves around; so far I have not seen him score any, but he
surely is trying hard.  I do not know if he is related to the big female
Cooper's Hawk that I have been seeing for about one year in my neck of the
woods, but I guess that he could be.  I did see her being followed by an
smaller immature bird early in the spring. Maybe he is on his own now.

Mira M. Pellerin