[texbirds] PEARLAND FOS AM. PIPITS

  • From: Mira M Pellerin <mirampellerin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 08:48:21 -0500 (EST)

While out riding my recumbent trike this AM at 7, I heard, then saw my FOS Am.
Pipits in my neighborhood.  They usually spend the winter hanging around in the
various one to two acre mowed grass lots in the area.  Too bad that the number
of these lots are disappearing so fast; new house are being built on four of
those lots right now.

The number of BBW ducks hanging around the storm water retention ponds near my
home this year is staggering; I estimate at least 3 hundred, based on the
number of birds flying in and out each evening and morning.

Mira M. Pellerin
Pearland, TX