[texbirds] PEARLAND BIRDS SEEN THIS WEEK IN MY AREA

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:35:30 -0400

While riding my trike or driving my car in the vicinity of FM 1128 and Cty. Rd
101, here are the unusual birds that I have seen this week:

Monday AM   ~ 5 AM;  Heard a flock of Greater Yellowlegs flying over head
Tuesday AM ~ 9 AM: saw an immature Wood Stork in the ditch along Cty. Rd. 101
near the intersection with FM 1128
Wednesday ~ 12 N: I saw my first yard HB: an immature male Ruby-throated.
Wednesday PM at ~ 6 PM: Saw a mature female Sharp shinned Hawk dive bombing a
gray squirrel as it ran across the road in front of me. Was she trying for
supper?  She had two feathers missing from her tail.

Mira M. Pellerin