[texbirds] Notes from High Island

  • From: Winnie <wbburkett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 05:48:55 -0500 (EST)

There is a Pileated Woodpecker hanging around the woods. I have heard him on
and off all fall. We had one in the spring I wonder if he got "stuck" there.

Black-bellied Whistling Duck ducklings were spotted in Claybottom Pond on
Saturday. I think this is the first time they have nested there. Isn't it a
little late for them? Well maybe they have been watching the Neotropic
Cormorants they have lots of chicks now.

High Island also has nuthatches, creepers and the other regular winter birds.

Winnie Burkett
Friendswood & the Bolivar Peninsula