[texbirds] Northern Travis/Hutto Area Bird Lists - Sunday - January 5

  • From: Mary Ann Melton <mammelton50@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 21:38:31 -0600

I don't have a lot of time to bird my patch this year, but I did get out today
primarily in search of waterfowl.
Here are my lists from 5 locations - in my patch, south of Hutto.

20 species total

Mary Ann Melton
Hutto

The Lists:

mammelton
Jan 5, 2014
Lake Pflugerville
Traveling
2 miles
20 Minutes
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.6.2
4 Mallard
4 Mallard (Domestic type)
5 Pied-billed Grebe
5 Double-crested Cormorant
16 American Coot
90 Ring-billed Gull
20 European Starling
2 Eastern/Western Meadowlark
3 grackle sp.

mammelton
Jan 5, 2014
Black hawk
Stationary
0 miles
25 Minutes
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.6.2
30 Redhead
1 Bufflehead
5 Turkey Vulture
1 American Coot
1 Loggerhead Shrike

mammelton
Jan 5, 2014
Harrier Flight Road Pond US-TX-Pflugerville-20200 Harrier Flight Trail
Traveling
2 miles
10 Minutes
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.6.2
2 Gadwall
1 Pied-billed Grebe
5 American Coot

mammelton
Jan 5, 2014
Hutto Hippo Crossing
Traveling
0.5 miles
50 Minutes
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.6.2
8 Northern Shoveler
11 Lesser Scaup
2 Pied-billed Grebe
19 Double-crested Cormorant
2 Killdeer

mammelton
Jan 5, 2014
US-TX-Hutto-188 Spring Valley St
Traveling
0.5 miles
20 Minutes
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.6.2
10 Gadwall
4 Northern Shoveler
9 Ring-necked Duck
3 Bufflehead
1 Red-tailed Hawk
1 Great Horned Owl

Mary Ann Melton

Mary Ann's View Nature Photography Website
http://www.maryannmelton.net

Mary Ann's Blog
http://maryannmelton.blogspot.com/