[texbirds] No Williamson's Sapsucker at Lawrence E. Woods

  • From: Jay Packer <jay@xxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:06:38 -0600

Just a quick note. My wife and I spent a good three hours this morning
combing over Lawrence E. Woods picnic area in Jeff Davis County looking for
Williamson's Sapsucker without any success. We did have at least six
Red-naped Sapsuckers and there could have been even more. We also had
Ladder-backed Woodpeckers and Northern Flicker. I'm sure the bird is around
somewhere nearby but it was not there this morning. Just thought I'd share
for anyone going out there.
--
Jay Packer
(sent from my phone)