[texbirds] No Black-tailed Godwit today AM, yesterday

  • From: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 10:42:41 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Arrived at Brazoria yesterday afternoon to look for the Black-tailed Godwit. It
wasn't present, but there were three Marbled Godwits, good numbers of
Short-billed Dowitchers, and two Fulvous Whistling-Ducks. Had one flyover Wood
Stork as we were getting in the car to leave. We spent the night in Angelton,
and got up this morning and went back out there. Tony Frank and Stephan Lorenz
were already out there, and after scanning the west field for a while there
really weren't many new than the birds I saw yesterday evening (large increase
in Avocet number, though)
Stephan and I saw two Marbled Godwits in some water that's still standing
behind the dry east field
When we got back to the car, 3 mottled ducks had arrived in the west field
Disappointed, but some good birds nonetheless

Sam Fason,
AustinEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at