[texbirds] New Stephen F. Austin State Park monthly bird walk Sat Oct 6 8AM

  • From: J B <renreb1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 19:11:42 -0700 (PDT)

 Park Ranger Lisa Reznicek and I are leading a new monthly bird walk at Stephen
F Austin State Park this Saturday Oct 6th 8AM-9:30AM

 http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/calendar/fall-birding-hike-2

We're planning to meet near the restrooms (marked on map) near the beginning of
the Sycamore Trail (marked in yellow-ochre on attached map).

 See trail map

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4504_051f.pdf

 With the recent cold front hopefully there will be some migrants.

Last month was the first bird walk and highlights included two chuck-will's
widows, a worm-eating warbler and an ovenbird

Hike is free (of course) but admission to the park is $4 per adult using
self-pay enevelope (or free with Texas state park pass)

Please come out and join us and support one of your state parks!

This would also be a great opportunity for any TOS Century Club county lister
to get started on a (seldom-birded) Austin County species list.

 John Berner
W.Houston/Katy