[texbirds] Never was a YGVI at McAllen Nature Center

  • From: Tiffany Kersten <tiffanykersten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 12:44:28 -0500

Hi Folks,
I followed up on the report of the YGVI at the McAllen Nature Center from
two weeks ago (apologies; I had just heard about it myself yesterday) and
it was in fact a miscommunication between a staff member and a visitor. The
bird referenced was the one that had been present at the National Butterfly
Center on June 24th. But I would love for someone to find one at our site!
Hours are M-F 8-12 and Sat-Sun 8-5. Admission and programs are free.

Tiffany L. Kersten
Mission, TX