[texbirds] National Butterfly Center, Mission - Wednesday (10/10)

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:22:26 -0500

TexBirders,

Yesterday (Wednesday October 10th) my wife and I joined Rex and Birgit Stanford for an afternoon of birding and butterflying at the National Butterfly Center in Mission, Texas. There were a few birds to be seen, but we spent most of our time with the butterflies, including a very rare and cooperative Guatemalan Cracker! Here is a list of what we saw:

Great Kiskadee
Golden-fronted Woodpecker
Blue-ringed Dancer
Ceraunus Blue
Common Checkered-Skipper
Guatemalan Cracker!
Tropical Leafwing
Phaon Crescent
Tawny Emperor
Leilia Empress
Gulf Fritillary
Question Mark
Fiery Skipper
Cloudless Sulphur
Lyside Sulphur
Pipevine Swallowtail
Laviana White-Skipper

Photos can bee seen at:

www.otterside.com/fall2012

Enjoy!

Erik Breden
Harlingen, Texas

Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at //www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking permission from the List Owner