[texbirds] More Western Birds

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:22:37 -0600

Howdy Texbirders,
Briefly:  At the Van Horn Cemetery, I had two Black-tailed Gnatcatchers,
outside the fence on the back side, and eleven Gambel's Quail in the middle
of the cemetery.  Along the Balmorhea Cemetery road were three Sagebrush
Sparrows.  Two of them were running right along the side of the road.  Very
cooperative.  Lake Balmorhea is as full as I have seen it with very few
birds.  Clark's Grebes far out numbered Western (3).  A Lark Bunting and a
Scaled Quail covey we neat to find.  A Phainopepla was being harassed by a
Mockingbird at Balmorhea SP.  Boy Scout Road was terrific.  I had TWO
Black-chinned Sparrows at the cattle guard to the Boy Scout camp.  A Sage
Thrasher and many other very fine birds were along that roadway.  I have
photos of most of the important birds (and the BCSP!).
Kind regards to all
Dennis
--
W. Dennis Shepler