[texbirds] Monk Parakeet - yard list answer.

  • From: Jack Windsor <greystrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all;

I received 17 emails saying  that I should count it,  as the bird is countable
now in Texas.  One reply stated that the bird was "legal in Texas".

I've had it on my ABA and Tex. list for sometime now.

I knew the monk parakeet was accepted, however my conundrum was this bird is so
far from the monk parakeet established colonies that I thought it's just a
recent escapee.

Anyway, I do wish to thank one and all for your responses.

Cheers,

Jack Windsor, Lufkin