[texbirds] Mississippi Kite & other birds, S Parker County

  • From: Mt Woman <mtwoman55@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:04:42 -0500

A Mississippi Kite circled overhead today at my house...the first I've ever
seen, here or anywhere.
The ID was unmistakable from the ref books I used.

I imagine this is not a first or even special for the area, but I thought I'd
report it anyway.

Also, this year has been very good for Yellow-billed Cuckoos here...at least
three pairs all Summer, based on hearing them in three distinctly separate
areas ofmy community, the Horseshoe Bend Airpark.

Other birds seen recently:KilldeerScissortailsHouse FinchesCrowsInca
DovesEurasian Collared DovesMourning DovesBlack VulturesTurkey
VulturesTurkeysBluebirdsMockingbirdsCardinals1 male Painted Bunting (2 months
ago)European Sparrows

Tzila "Z" Duenzl
Horseshoe Bend Airpark,
S Parker County,