[texbirds] Mississippi Kite Fledged Chick 8/20/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: janhanson2@xxxxxxx, gayyork@xxxxxxxxxxxx, galornsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, samahurin@xxxxxxxxxxx, greenh2o@xxxxxxxxx, cdmoore3@xxxxxxxxx, ackandler@xxxxxxxxxxx, bloodsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx, b_comisky@xxxxxxxxx, ray.porter314@xxxxxxxxx, tzinneman@xxxxxxxxxxx, DReedster@xxxxxxx, wehamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hamilton.barb@xxxxxxxxx, brendawson@xxxxxxx, chickadeejt@xxxxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, aaodonel@xxxxxxxx, bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, salliesherman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tracey.Prothro@xxxxxxxxxxx, Christina.butcher@xxxxxxxxxxx, MaryAlice.Trumble@xxxxxxxxxxx, Jina.Faith@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 23:32:55 -0400 (EDT)

Here are the last few pictures of the Mississippi Kite chick we have. It is
 still hanging around here in our yard and our lot next door. It
occasionally  flies from tree to tree and sometimes soars around for short
flights.
The  parents are still bringing food pretty often. I will still try and get
more  photos until it leaves, On another note we had a female Summer Tanaqger
here in  the yard yesterday along with the 12 Eastern Bluebirds we have been
seeing for  the last few weeks.

http://smu.gs/19xXZiM

Last week from Wednesday afternoon to Sunday afternoon we were at Marble
falls staying in some cabins with our grand children on Hamilton Creek. We
did  not get to bird much ecept from the grounds and at the two hummingbird
feeders  we took with us. The most action was Black-chinned and Ruby-throated
Hummingbirds and one juvenile looking bird that may have been a Rufous but
would  never give us good looks. I did not get many bird photos but here are
two links  to the Butterflies and Dragonflies/Damselflies.

Butterflies
http://smu.gs/14k4QLM

Dragonflies and Damselflies
http://smu.gs/174uRNW