[texbirds] Migrants and flies at Hazel Bazemore

  • From: "Judy Kestner" <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:22:38 -0500

OMG -- if there hadn't been 15 different species in one tree this afternoon, I
would have run screaming out of Hazel Bazemore Park in Nueces County from the
buzzing of the flies.  They were in the car, on my legs, in my face
--AAUUGGHHH!  There was also a cloud of dragonflies -- too bad they don't eat
flies (or do they?).

Anyhoo, there was an American Redstart (fem.), Black-throated Green,
Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Orange-crowned (several calling), Blue-headed Vireo,
Northern Mocker, Northern Cardinal, Eastern Phoebe, some Empid, Nashville,
Tennessee, Black-and-White, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers (several calling),
Golden-fronted Woodpecker and Brown-crested Flycatcher.  What a tree!

Judy Kestner
Calallen (NW Corpus Christi)