[texbirds] MI Kites

  • From: "Mike Egar" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "swrsrch@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:38:48 -0500

I thought last evening's movement of Mississippi kites was big- 450+ over
central Corpus Christi in the 5-6:00 PM hours.

At 10:30 this morning I looked up and realized a skein of kites reached,
literally, from horizon to horizon. I watched at least a half hour before
losing sight of the rear (south end) of the skein. A few Vultures as well
along with a river of swallows.
Additional kites are still passing over.

Mike Egar
Corpus Christi

Sent from Egarville