[texbirds] Long-tailed Duck at Junction

  • From: "Rhandy Helton" <rjhelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:49:32 -0600

The Long-tailed Duck, located on 12/14/13 at the Junction Wastewater Ponds on
FM 2169 east of Interstate 10 in Junction, was observed by me today at 4:30
p.m. She was easily observed in the first or front pond and mostly in the
company of Ruddy Ducks. I observed the bird easily and never got out of my
vehicle.
The South Llano River State Park is closed for a deer hunt until Thursday p.m.
Western Bluebirds have been fairly regular at the park on most of my trips out
there. I have also observed this species in town and at the Texas Tech campus.
I have been seeing more Western Bluebirds than Eastern Bluebirds but no
Mountain Bluebirds yet. Also, no Brown Creepers and much fewer Pine Siskins as
in previous years.

Rhandy J. Helton
Junction, Tx.