[texbirds] Long-tailed Duck - No show

  • From: "Tom Morris" <tmorris44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:47:51 -0600

The long-tailed duck was a no-show at Sea Center Texas today.  The flock of
lesser scaups (over 30) were present in a different pond, but the long-tailed
duck never showed.  In the previous two days if you saw this flock, the
long-tailed duck was with them.  It would fly away with them when spooked, and
return with them.
We will still try again tomorrow from 8:00 to 10:00 as planned.

If it is not here tomorrow, but shows up later we will try to repeat the public
visit.  Didn't have time to look for the least grebe, since we waited until
near dark for the duck.

Until tomorrow,
Tom Morris
Lake Jackson