[texbirds] [Local Interest]Galveston Lesser Nighthawk, Black Rail, etc.

  • From: Graham Montgomery <montgomery.graham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 13:15:25 -0500

Hi all,
Sorry for the delayed post, but on Sunday, August 4th, I had a LESSER
NIGHTHAWK at Galveston Island State Park. It was on the "island" side of
the park(with the observation tower) where the Clapper rail trail ends.

One BLACK RAIL also called three times at 8:00 AM across the water from the
Clapper rail trail. From eBird I just found that Dennis Shepler also
reported one from the same area last month. The area is quite accessible.

ebird checklist here: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14856453

Good birding,

Graham Montgomery
Cornell Entomology 2015