[texbirds] Little Gull at Lake Ray Hubbard

  • From: Sheridan Coffey <sngcanary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds - Email <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:45:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

Ed Wetzel texted me earlier about a Little Gull at Lake Ray Hubbard. I asked Ed
if it had been sent to Texbirds. He told me he would try. It has not gone
through, so I am posting it, as I know some people might like to get this bird.
This was the message on the Dallas Audubon web site.

Little Gull at Lake Ray Hubbard
All- An adult LIGU was present this AM at it's favorite spot (over the
years), out from Wynn Joyce Park in Garland.  Because the water level is so
low, the bird was difficult to findm, snoozing in the large gull
flock a half mile away!  If it feeds in late afternoon, the light should be
good and it will be much easier to spot IN THE AIR!!

I thank Ed for trying to post. He told me he subscribed, but I guess he is
still on moderation. I also want to say I am disappointed that significant
birds are only being posted on the Dallas and Fort Worth Audubon web sites and
not shared with the rest of the state. This also happened with the Red-necked
Grebe at White Rock Lake. I will be happy to pass sightings along if those of
you up there do not feel inclined to post, or are having difficulty.  If you
chase birds in other parts of the state, it is only right for you to share your
birds. Sorry to be so crabby, but I, obviously, have strong feelings about
this.

Sheridan Coffey
San Antonio, Tx
http://sngcanary1.blogspot.com/