[texbirds] Link to Texas Drought Map by County, San Jac Vermilion is back.

  • From: Berner Family <jcazberner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:24:57 -0700 (PDT)

Texbirders:
Found this link updated each Thursday morning on drought conditions in texas by
county. Looked pretty informative.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/SouthDroughtMonitor.aspx
In Harris County, there seems to be fewer unusual western species sighted in
2013 than in 2012--could this possibly be due to the drought easing somewhat vs
2012?

Second, I spotted a gorgeous male Vermilion flycatcher on the same part of the
chainlink fence as last winter (Ray Porter found it first in Oct 2012)--under
the trees at the South corner of the reflecting pool near the San Jacinto
Monument on the 11th. I see Stephan Lorenz also had a vermilion FC at the park
on the 14th. Hopefully this vermilion FC will be a returning regular like the
previous Bear Creek golf course Vermilion in past winters

Finally, can we please keep off-topic complaints about politicians out of
texbirds.

Good Birding!

The Berners
John, Cathy, Abby and Zach