[texbirds] Lewis's Woodpecker still present near Shallowater, Lubbock County

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 15:53:14 -0600

Greetings All:
Phillip Kite and I watched and photographed the Lewis's Woodpecker from
2:05 to 2:45 PM this afternoon and, when we left the bird was still there.
To see the bird drive south from Highway 84 on CR 1100 (turn off of Highway
84 at the rest area just west of Shallowater) and proceed to where there is
a large orchard to the east and a line of trees leading to a large shed to
the west.  The bird is frequenting the large trees near the shed.  Be
advised, there is also a Northern Flicker present at this site.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock