[texbirds] Lewis's Woodpecker in Rankin

  • From: Jay Packer <jay@xxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 14:05:30 -0500

My wife and I just found a Lewis's Woodpecker in Rankin (Upton County) at
the Day Dub Arena, located off Hwy 329 on the west edge of town.
Here's a map to the location:
http://goo.gl/maps/xHnrZ

We flushed the bird from the park and he flew east and perched on a line of
telephone polls. He then flew south back into town when we lost him.

The bird was skittish and did not stick around long, though I got some poor
but identifiable photos. I have no idea how chaseable it will be. I just
thought I would pass along the news in case anyone wanted to try.

--
Jay Packer
(sent from my phone)