[texbirds] Leucistic Hummingbird continues/Kurten/Brazos Co

  • From: Shirley Wilkerson <shirley.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brazosaudubon <brazosaudubon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 14:02:54 -0500

This is the third day for the Leucistic Hummingbird  I actually do not know
if it is a Ruby, or a Black-chinned, or what, but the most common hummer in
this area would be Ruby.  I managed to get a few more photos of him/her . .
. actually, a lot more.  But it was overcast until just a few hours ago,
and now I have no time to try to photograph him/her with the better light.
That's the way it always goes, doesn't it?
On day one, the little bird tried to fight for a territory, only to be
chased away relentlessly.  Today, it was a stronger, braver bird, and has
managed to secure a territory,  and even invade the other Rubys'
territories.  I also posted one photo to show how well it blends in with a
dead oak branch, sort of gray and white.

http://www.bluemelon.com/caramia/recentimages#page-0

Shirley Wilkerson
Kurten (rural Bryan) Texas