[texbirds] Laredo and North Valley

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 19:24:25 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,

My parents and I started the morning in Laredo. We found 5 White-collared
Seedeaters on the Las Palmas trail. Got some decent photos of a female.

We arrived at Salineno at 1030. We found a Red-billed Pigeon across from the
parking area in Mexico. It eventually flew over in to Texas a few meters from
us. Best looks I've had of the species. We never could find Muscovy. Airboats
were patrolling the river. They kicked up a few birds, but not the target
species.

Bentsen was hot. Spotted sandpipers were at the boat ramp. Tyrannulet was at
the Kiskadee feeders. Empid was over at the Green Jay blind. Looked like a
Least, but I didn't get a long enough look or listen to call it. Adult Gray
Hawk was moving around and vocal.

Anyone know a good location for Botteri's? Also know a location for for Pygmy
Owls that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Contact me offline.

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at