[texbirds] Lake Tawakoni CBC

  • From: Richard <rdkrsh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rtraylor@xxxxxxxxx, Donna.Garde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, monica7558@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freestate80@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 01:47:23 -0500 (EST)

The 29th annual Lake Tawakoni Christmas Bird Count is slated for Saturday Dec.
29.  This years count could be interesting for all the wrong reasons-the
drought.  The ongoing drought and how it effects the count will be of interest
to me as well as some of the other counters.  I still need help in areas away
from Lake Tawakoni and could use a couple of more people to work the area
around Lake Tawakoni State Park.  We will meet around 7:00 am at J's Chevron in
Edgewood to hand out the assignments and finish the count with a dinner at the
Lumber Yard Cafe on the eastern edge of Edgewood.  Last year we tallied 133
species and those of us whom have done this count for years look forward to
this years results.

Richard Kinney
Edgewood,Tx