[texbirds] Lake Edinburg

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 18:42:33 -0600

I've been interesting in doing some more birding in and around Edinburg
lately, so I briefly stopped by Lake Edinburg this evening.
When approaching from Big Five Road, if the gate is open, you can drive in
and go all the way through the lake area. However, I have seen it closed a
few times as well (I don't see a pattern). Right at the gate from Big Five,
there has been a Black Phoebe hanging around. I later saw what looked liked
a different one further on.
Good looks at Ringed and Belted Kingfishers, along with a lonely Roseate
Spoonbill, but not too much else.

John Brush
Edinburg, Texas
Interpretive Guide