[texbirds] Lake Austin - Early Raptor Migration

  • From: Edward Fair <ezflaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 14:56:07 -0700 (PDT)

A number of raptors were moving north over Lake Austin this afternoon between
3:30 and 4:30.  These numbers are high for TUVU at this time and other species
are early for my location between Emma Long and Commons Ford Park.  See below:
Turkey Vulture - 250
Osprey - 1
Mississippi Kite - 1
Broad-winged Hawk - 7
Peregrine Falcon - 2

One Peregrine Falcon was migrating yesterday.  I usually get no more than two
in an entire migration season.

Ed Fair
Austin Lake Estates