[texbirds] LaFitte's Cove today - moribund

  • From: David McDonald <dkmmdpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:26:21 -0500

Hi Texbirders,

I am afraid we have reached the end of fall migration and have to
wait for winter birds to get some action at LaFitte's.

I spent 3 1/2 hours form 9 - 12:30 and had just 2 warblers.

A pair of Black-throated Greens... here is the
male....http://www.pbase.com/davidmcd/image/157993779

And a single Nashville....http://www.pbase.com/davidmcd/image/157993807

There was one White-eyed Vireo.

A few winter birds...Ruby-crowned Kinglet, a pair of Northern
Flickers and several BG Gnatcatchers.

The resident Thrashers were also present.

Other residents were Downy Woodpeckers, Cardinals, Blue Jays and Mockingbirds.

However, on the way to Galveston I did see my FOS White Pelicans. 4
were in the marsh beside I-45 at Bayou Vista.

Good birding y'all.

david McDonald
Friendswood TX