[texbirds] LLELA/Denton Co bird walk

  • From: Susan Yost <sdyost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds - Email <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2014 22:47:53 -0600

This morning was another windy bird walk which kept just about everything
hunkered down and out of sight and quiet for the morning.   There were 18 hardy
birders that braved the cool and windy conditions.  I think we almost had more
birders than birds!  But it was well worth the outing when we flushed the
elusive American Bittern…twice at the LLERF ponds.  The other few highlights
were a Wilson’s Snipe, a Northern Harrier and the resident Ospreys with their
morning catches.  Once back in the parking lot we spotted a flock of White
Pelicans.
Sue YOST ~^/^~
Highland Village
Denton Co.