[texbirds] LEWIS'S WOODPECKER at Frijole Ranch, Guadalupe Mts.

  • From: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:52:26 -0500

This evening I got an email from Linda Arredondo of Austin, asking for ID
help with a bird she photographed at Frijole Ranch in Guadalupe Mountains
National Park. I opened the picture and was excited to see a great picture
of a juvenile Lewis's Woodpecker! Linda is subscribed to the new list, so
I'm posting on her behalf. She will post her photo(s) to the Texbirds
facebook group. She viewed the bird on this friday (October 12). This date
seems very early even for this irregular winter wanderer. Might be another
good winter for them (i think there were 5 last winter reported in the
state).
here are two of her pictures: (if the links dont work, please tell me!)
http://i.imgur.com/lnpCd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EBs9J.jpg

Great find Linda!
Sam Fason, Austin