[texbirds] Kiskadee, WW Scoter and No American Tree Sparrow

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "DHanson139@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 23:31:26 -0500

Jan and I ran don to look for the Am Tree Sparrow a little after 11AM today
 and spent an hour or so looking and driving the other close by roads with
no  luck. I tried twice to post from my phone but it would not go through
for some  reason.

Left there and went to Clear Creek Nature Park in League City and found the
 Great Kiskadee there. The bird was down on the Highline right of way. Take
the  concrete trail until it splits and turns into asphalt. Go right
towards the  highlines and about 75-100 yds down after you hit the lines the
bird
was  vocalizing and flying back and forth across the right of way to the
empty  field.

From there we went to McHale Park in Seabrook and watched the White-winged
Scoter feed for about an hour. It was according to what I have been told in
 Galveston Co.

http://smu.gs/1Ar6mtK  A few  pictures from today

David Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belview Area