[texbirds] Katy Prairie Short-eared Owl (11/30)

  • From: James Hinson <jmhinson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:49:22 -0800 (PST)

Saw 1, possibly 2 Short-eared Owls this morning at 6:30 AM out on the Katy
Prairie on Pattison Road 1/2 mile north of Morrison Rd. For you local folks,
this is the same spot we've had them in in years past. These owls can be seen
in
both the mornings before sunrise and evenings after sunset, but my best luck
has
been in the evenings.

Jim Hinson
Houston, Tx.