[texbirds] Junction today

  • From: "Rhandy Helton" <rjhelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 20:46:27 -0500

I was out with Uday Sant today looking mainly for Golden-cheeked Warblers and
Black-capped Vireo. We got both species in spades counting 10 GCW (saw 7 heard
3 others) and 5+ Black-caps all at South Llano River State Park this morning
(Trail toward deer blind #10 which on the new park map is called the Warbler
Trail). We also heard at least 3 Hutton's Vireos.Down along the river we also
picked up Yellow-throated Vireo, Yellow-throated Warbler and Vermilion
Flycatcher.
Out at the Junction Wastewater Ponds after lunch we observed 3 American Golden
Plover, 10 Baird's Sandpipers, 2 Pectoral Sandpipers and 5 or so Least
Sandpipers.

Rhandy J. Helton
Junction, Tx.