[texbirds] Inks Lake Long-tailed Duck still present

  • From: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 16:51:50 -0600

The Long-tailed Duck is still at Inks Dam Fish Hatchery (Burnet Co). It was
associating with a group of nine Lesser Scaup. None of the ducks were
bothered by me, which allowed for really great close looks at the LTDU.
Here's a photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/11912868623/in/photostream/
I also had 6 Horned Grebes, a Sprague's Pipit, and a nice flock of 22
Red-breasted Mergansers at Black Rock Park on Lake Buchanan...
unfortunately no Aechmophorus grebes that I could see, heat haze made
anything more than 100 yards out pretty tough to see clearly.

Sam Fason,
Austin