[texbirds] Hutton's Vireo and Black-and-White Warbler at Kerr Wildlife Management Area

  • From: SeEtta Moss <seettam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 21:46:43 -0500

Yesterday as driving past Kerr Wildlife Management Area on my way to Concan
I couldn't help but stop though it was mid-afternoon to see if I could find
anything.   I am happy I did since I finally got a Hutton's Vireo (with all
the field marks shown on my photos) that I have been trying to turn
Ruby-crowned Kinglets into.  I heard not only this Hutton's but a number of
others singing in that neat area.  I also found a Black-and-White Warbler
there.  I have posted photos of the Hutton's Vireo, including close-ups
showing bluish legs and even hooked bill, on my Birds and Nature
blog<http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>and will soon put up the
warbler.
SeEtta Moss
Colorado birder currently in Concan, Tx