[texbirds] Hummingbird Question and Bobolinks

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply-modpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "DHanson139@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:14:04 -0400

I just had two female or Juvenile Ruby-throated Hummingbirds together at
the feeder outside our kitchen window. They looked very slender and young.
The question is could young of the year be out of the nest this early in the
spring? I have only seen one other female here about a month ago. We do
have several males around.

On another note we were at Smith Point yesterday and the Bobolinks were
still where we found them 3 days ago. Turn on Robbins Park rd and they were .8
miles down on the right both times we found them. There is a fenced in
area around some old oil field stuff.

David Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
TOS Member