[texbirds] Hummers and other in Russ Pitman Park

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:47:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the male Calliope has been seen daily for
the last week at the Nature Discovery Center in Russ Pitman Park along with at
least 4 Rufous Hummers. There has also been a possible Broad-tailed Hummer that
has been seen in the shrimp plant near the front porch of the Nature Discovery
Center and in the back 40 area.

The little mixed flock of one male Wilson's, Orange-crowned, Pine, and
Yellow-rumped warblers, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Red-breasted Nuthatches and
others is still usually in the park each day as well as American Goldfinch, A.
Robins, Cedar Waxwings and the usual resident birds.

The Nature Discovery Center and Russ Pitman Park are located at 7112 Newcastle
between Bellaire Blvd and Evergreen St just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist
Nature Discovery Center
mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org