[texbirds] Hiway 71

  • From: "Ray Porter" <ray.porter314@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:12:22 -0500

On way back from Austin this morning, just north of La Grange I came across a series of thermals containing anywhere from 30-50 birds in each with mostly light morph Swainson's, some dark morph's and some Turkey Vultures. Over 15 minutes I estimate (probably low) 300-400 Swainson's and 75 Turkey Vultures.

On the south side of La Grange I came across two thermals with about 100 White Pelicans in each

ray porter
highlands texas Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at //www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking permission from the List Owner