[texbirds] Highlights from the Canyon Lakes today

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 19:09:37 -0600

Greetings All:
I spent most of the morning birding MacKenzie Park and the Lubbock Cemetery
with Phillip Kite.

Highlights at MacKenzie Park included 1 Osprey, 1 Solitary Sandpiper, 1
Wilson's Snipe, 1 Bewick's Wren (the first I have seen along the lakes this
year - despite their former abundance in Lubbock), 1 male Eastern Bluebird,
and 1 Orange-crowned Warbler.

Highlights at the Lubbock Cemetery included 3 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, 1
Downy Woodpecker, 1 White-breasted Nuthatch, 1 Brown Creeper, 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet, 5 Western Bluebirds, 4 Orange-crowned Warblers, and
1 Pine Warbler.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson